Friday, July 29, 2011

One Touch Away

When the industry of cellular phones and personal computers started in the market several years ago, things are quite different.

Most cellphones and computers before are literally humongous in sizes, functions are basically limited, prices are much cheaper but the prestige of having one of those is priceless.

Before (and still today), every gadget has buttons that you can rely on. But as time passes by and technology advances through time,  then ‘touchscreen’ phones and devices began, which took the industry by storm.

Touchscreen is an electronic visual display which does not require any button to function. With the use of a finger or a hand, your phone or computer device is just one touch away. 

One example of device in which touchscreen displays are being used are tablet computers or simply tablets.

A tablet computer is a computer in tablet form which was started in 2001. But despite its smaller in size, it still has the features of a bulky personal computer. 

When we were told by our professor, Sir Art, regarding our upcoming first-hand experience with tablets,  everyone was delighted and thrilled. 

But if I were to pick what tablet computer to use and why (Miss Universe Q&A eh?) , I would probably prefer HP Touch Pad.

Yes, ‘probably’. It’s simply because almost every brand of tablets has the same features (e.g camera, applications,  input/output etc.) though with different prices and I really wanted them all!

Still, I have to go for HP for it has the become one of the most respected brands in the market and for sure it has something different among other tablets. Different? Here is one. 

As I browse the web to look for my chosen tablet's specs, I found out it has a unique operating system (WebOS) which differs from the usual android OS of most tablet computers. Therefore I find it interesting to explore, but it would require a lot of patience and time before I get familiarized with the OS.

Similar to other tablets, 'my' HP Touchpad is featured with mail attachment support, which would be really helpful when I write, send and tweet news to all the people I know, particularly my soon-to-be editors.

It also has a storage of capacity of 16GB and could be expanded to a 32GB. It is also wireless supported that it it can detect any Wi-fi signal along the area. These features will surely suit my taste of being a download addict.

As I wrap up this piece, I would like to tell our dearest professor/mentor Sir Art to please reserve the HP Touchpad for me.LOL. Have a safe trip Sir Art. Godbless!


2 comments:

  1. A tablet computer is a computer in a tablet...

    hehehe...good work..

    The HP Tablet will be mine..not yours..LOL...hehehhe

    ReplyDelete